Below are Tony Robbins steps finding out what you really want, as illustrated in his book: Unlimited Power.
How do you figure out what your dreams and goals are? What if you’ve never truly thought about what you want? Tony Robbins breaks down exactly how to begin your personal research for ultimate results.
All goals should follow these five rules:
- State your outcome in positive terms: say what you want to happen not the other way around.
- Be as specific as possible: How does your outcome look, sound, feel, smell? Sensory thoughts empower your brain to create desire.
- Have an evidence procedure: Know how you will look, feel, see and hear when you’ve achieved your goal.
- Be in control: the positive outcome must be independent from other people’s behavior.
- Verify that your outcome is ecologically sound and desirable: your outcomes must benefit you and other people.
Robbins’ path to learn what you truly want and to take MASSIVE action:
- Start by making an inventory of your dreams, the things you want to have, do, be and share.
- Go over the list you made, estimating when you expect to reach those outcomes.
- Pick out the four most important goals for you for this year.
- Now that you have a list of your key goals, review them against the five rules for formulating outcomes.
- Next, make a list of the important resources you already have at your disposal.
- When you’ve done that, focus in on times you used some of those resources most skillfully.
- After you’ve done all that, describe the kind of person you would have to be to attain your goals.
- Next, in a few paragraphs, write down what prevents you from having the things you desire right now.
- Take the time now to take each of your four key goals and create your first draft of a step-by-step plan on how to achieve them.
- Come up with some models. (They can be people from your own life or famous people who you’ve admired for their success.)
- Now create your ideal day. (Describe the day from waking-up in the morning to climbing into bed at the end of the best possible day).
- Finally, design your perfect environment. (Describe the perfect conditions, place, people, support etc. without any limitations).
Use these steps as a resource to finding what it is that you truly want. GO!